Wednesday, June 4, 2014

The last weeks



Ten months came and went. Only 3 weeks until my commitment is over :(



I suppose it’s time to tell the world my plans? Originally, I intended on starting my PhD in Nuclear Chemistry and eventually become a university professor. However, I have decided to move to Chicago and pursue a career there.


My advice for future accepted Czech ETA’s.
(1) Not everyone’s experience will be the same.
(2) Brace yourself for an unpredictable year.
(3) Take advantage of the situation and learn Czech.

“He who would travel happily must travel light.” – Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Pack only the essentials. Bring a camera and basic supplies. Everything you need is here and what is not can fit comfortably in one suitcase. Remember: you carry memories in your mind, not your bag.

            The hardest parts of being an ETA: Never seeing your old friends again.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Barbie, it's been a long time... Its Erica Davis. I came to know about your amazing education and adventures through my parents who saw through Facebook. I'm so happy and so proud of you! We have known each other many years and you have always been so so smart and amazing. I'm so glad you are doing what makes you happy and what brings you success. :-) I don't have social media so maybe we will talk sometime somehow soon. Congratulations girl :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HEY Erica!!!! It is such a pleasant surprise to know that you read my blog! I don't think I could ever forget the girl scout memories we shared together (and not to mention those days at Dollar Tree and in High School)!

      Life is crazy, I never expected to live some place else... I never expected to get a job in Chicago either.... who knows, maybe we will see each other soon one day. I'll be moving back to the USA in 6 weeks :)

      Delete